Nihao! I had a really good lunch at one of my favorite Sushi places "Kata Robata" today for a work birthday celebration. I had a sashimi Bento box, it was YUM (Hǎo Chī 好吃)! Here is how you say Japanese Restaurant: Rì Shì Cān Tīng 日式餐厅. It means Japanese Style Restaurant. Here are some common phrase:
- Where is a good Japanese restaurant? Hǎo Chī de Rì Shì Cān Tīng Zài Nǎr? 好吃的日式餐厅在哪？
- Where is..? ...Zài Nǎr? 在哪？"Kata Robata Zài Nǎr?" That means "Where is Kata Robata?"
- Hǎo Chī 好吃 means delicious. Literally it means Good Eat! This is a very important phrase since we focus a lot on food:)
- Cān Tīng 餐厅 means restaurants.
- Shòu Sī 寿司 Sushi (sounds very similar to Chinese). You can probably get away with say Sushi in China and people will understand what you are talking about!
Here is a good write up on the difference between Chinese food and Japanese food: http://strongertogether.coop/food-lifestyle/cooking/chinese-and-japanese-cuisine/